Category Archives: Maintenance

ejabberd update (2.0.3 -> 2.0.4)

Today we updated ejabberd to version 2.0.4 which has been released on march, 12th. We didn’t encounter any problems during the process.

The main changes are:

  • Ensure ID attribute in roster push is unique
  • Authentication: Fix Anonymous auth when enabled with broken ODBC
  • Authentication: Unquote correctly backslash in DIGEST-MD5 SASL responses
  • Authentication: Cancel presence subscriptions on account deletion
  • LDAP: Close a connection on tcp_error
  • LDAP: Implemented queue for pending queries
  • LDAP: On failure of LDAP connection, waiting is done on pending queue
  • MUC: Owner of a password protected room must also provide the password
  • MUC: Prevent XSS in MUC logs by linkifying only a few known protocols
  • Privacy rules: Items are now processed in the specified order
  • Privacy rules: Fix to correctly block subscription requests
  • Proxy65: If ip option is not defined, take an IP address of a local hostname
  • PubSub: Add roster subscription handling; send PEP events to all resources
  • PubSub: Allow node creation without configure item
  • PubSub: Requesting items on a node which exists, but empty returns an error
  • PEP: Fix sending notifications to other domains and s2s
  • S2S: Fix problem with encrypted connection to Gtalk and recent Openfire
  • S2S: Workaround to get DNS SRV lookup to work on Windows machine
  • Shared Roster Groups: Fix to not resend authorization request
  • WebAdmin: Fix encryption problem for ejabberd_http after timeout

PyMSNt fix & update

Yesterday the PyMSNt transport stopped working. Upon a try to connect to the MSN servers, a user got to see the following:

Failed to connect to MSN servers:
[Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): exceptions.Exception: Timeout]

We fixed that by editing one line in src/legacy/msn/msn.py.

Look for: MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION = “MSNP11 CVR0″
and change it to: MSN_PROTOCOL_VERSION = “MSNP11”

Furthermore we removed the max. filesize one can transfer using the MSN transport.

Thanks to harrykar for reporting the issue!

ejabberd update (2.0.2 -> 2.0.3)

Today we updated ejabberd to version 2.0.3 which has been released on january, 15th. We didn’t encounter any problems during the process.

The main changes are:

* Do not ask certificate for client (c2s)
* Check digest-uri in SASL digest authentication
* Use send timeout to avoid locking on gen_tcp:send
* Fix ejabberd reconnection to database
* HTTP-Bind: handle wrong order of packets
* MUC: Improve traffic regulation management
* PubSub: Several bugfixes and improvements for best coverage of XEP-0060 v1.12
* Shared Roster Groups: push immediately membership changes
* Rotate also sasl.log on “reopen-log” command
* Binary Windows installer: better detect “Error running Post Install Script”

Let us know if you find any problems.

ejabberd update (2.0.1 -> 2.0.2)

Today we updated ejabberd to version 2.0.2 which has been released on august, 29th. We didn’t encounter any problems during the process.

The main changes are:

* Anti-abuse feature: client blacklist support by IP.
* Guide: new section Securing ejabberd; improved usability.
* LDAP filter optimisation: ability to filter user in ejabberd and not LDAP.
* MUC improvements: room options to restrict visitors; broadcast reasons.
* Privacy rules: fix MySQL storage.
* Pub/Sub and PEP: many improvements in implementation and protocol compliance.
* Proxy65: send valid SOCKS5 reply (removed support for Psi < 0.10).
* Web server embedded: better support for HTTPS.
* Binary installers: SMP on Windows; don’t remove config when uninstalling.